Sew Steady

Yes, I have the Sew Steady for my DSM. Its great. I used it when I was quilting a lot on the DSM, and found it to be sturdy, easy to take on and off, and worth the price I paid for the versatility it offered when free motion quilting. I couldn't have quilted on my home machine without it.

Too bad you're not closer to Oregon. I have one for sale. It belongs to one of my quilters and I'm trying to sell it for her. I don't know what machine it would fit. It is 18x24 with a cutout 3x7 for the free arm, five and half inches from the front. It has never been used, the legs are not even assembled. It is the really nice plexiglass with smooth edges and rounded on the front edge, and a clear 8" ruler sticker. She paid $100--her DH told her she needed one. She hopes to get at least $75 for it. But then it would cost to ship it I don't know how much.

If you do get one, it is quite handy for manipulating large work like quilt tops. They come in more than one size, just depends on how much you want to spend.

I have the 24x24" one for a small throated DSM with the BSR. It helps, a lot, especially when doing the final parts of the top (sewing the block rows together, putting borders on.) I was worried I wouldn't find it as useful after I got the longarm, but that simply hasn't been the case. It was expensive - about $120 - but well worth it.

Archived