Millie making clicking noise

My new Millie is making a clicking noise when running it after oiling it. I can hear it when I'm quilting also. It sounds like it's coming from where the bobbin fits in the machine. Without the bobbin in the machine the piece next to it has just a little play in it??? Any ideas?

Mary Lea,

Some clicking is normal as the bobbin basket moves back and forth slightly to allow your top thread to escape. You may also hear the needle and hook meeting, which makes a softer click with each needle stroke. You should be fine to go, but if you are concerned just call us on Monday when one of our technical gurus with good ears can give a listen. If you have an M bobbin it will also be a bit more noticeable because of the size.

Thank you for replying. This is the first year I have my machine and have quilted lots of quilts using pantographs. The clicking noise is new. The machine is making beautiful stitches but I had one spot where it skipped about 8 stitches in a row, that is the first time this has happened. Don't know if this is related to the clicking noise. I will call Monday.

Just finished the quilt I had on the frame and I think the stitching on the back looks like one of the best ever.

I did change the needle and that didn't seem to help the noise...it just sounds like something is loose.

I will not get to quilt any this week so will call later.

Archived