Stressfull and relaxing subjects...too many irons in the fire

This quilt is 106x86...yes, denim sashing/borders, sunbonnet sues and sam...a heavy white cotton like denim background, and she wants denim on the back. Now you have to understand that my 80 year old Aunt made this quilt for herself. It came with two 30 inch square shams. I'm to quilt it with poly batting, and finish it complete with binding. THIS IS STRESS!

Do you know how much this thing weighs? I'm starting on it tomorrow. It's jumping ahead of the "old" vintage quilt because Lady couldn't make it this weekend.

Now...the next picture is relaxing. I was going to "tuck" a bodice for a little girls dress when one of my customers brought her pleater and made this smocking sample for me. She is going to trade quilting for pleating for me. I've never done it before but I love this little machine and what it does. And the handwork, silk ribbon embroidery on the smocking, has possibilities.

Do you guys do this? Besides the vintage quilt for Lady, I have two hexagon quilts that are challenging enough. And Thanksgiving is looming fast. and Christmas isn't that far away...OH DEAR...Calgon take me away!

post--13461907547367_thumb.jpg

Boni,

Oh my quilting denim, scary! Good luck with it. I'm sure you will do well. I love to smock. I have a pleater and now that I have Kailey I can get some more smocking in. Well that is if I can find some more time in a day! I'm working on a Baltimore Album quilt. I've got about 25 hours of SID work into it already and I'm finally on the last row of blocks and then just have a very intense border to SID. Then I can work on the background fill. You're right the holidays are coming up way too quickly!

Archived