Christmas Crafts

Guest Linda S

Guest Linda S

I've been busy making a variety of items to sell that the Christmas Bazaar that the sewing room where our group frequently meets. In my usual fashion, I didn't take any pictures before I took them in to sell last Saturday, and they were all gone before I even left the shop! So, I came back home and made more. Here is an example. Just a simple whole cloth design, painted with some Jaquard Fabric Paint in a color wash, with some crystals added for bling. When the room is darkened and you use it for a candle mat, it really sparkles.

post--13461907771472_thumb.jpg

Guest Linda S

The pattern is called Holly Berries by Donna Kleinke of One Song Needlearts.

Linda - give a computer geek who loves to quilt a computerized quilter, and you have a match made in heaven. I am having the best time with this thing. The best part of all is, I understand how to flip and combine things so, when shopping in the digital pattern catalogs, I'm fine with buying a simple segment of a pattern for about $5 instead of buying the whole pre-arranged design packet for $75. I have so much fun playing. Then I sit in awe as it stitches out before my eyes.

Archived