Circle Lord

BethDurand

I've had my circle lord since soon after innovations in late September, but I'm afraid to try to put it on. Can someone (ahem, Linda Stellar) please tell me that it's going to be really easy to do this, and that I'll kick myself for not having done it sooner?

I've got to take the machine head off to re-pack the gear box as soon as the grease arrives, I think that's going to be the time to do it.

Any advice people have would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Beth

Hi Beth...

All I can say is...JUST DO IT!!!! I can't offer advice since my husband and I installed it a while back (who am I kidding, I was a gopher!!)...but I know we didn't have any problems. It's one of those things where the fear of doing it way out-weighs the actual process.

Have fun....:P Sandra

Beth,

CL is not one of those things that everyone says is simple

but it turns out to be a bear.

It IS simple.

The instructions are great. My DH read the excellent

instructions and put it together in less than 2 hours.

And once it was put together, I just started trying stuff.

After trying the spiral template and the squircle, I decided I

should read the booklet. And oh, what things you can make

when you start combining the templates. You are going to

love it and look for ways to include it in your quilts.

I store my CL under the table when not in use. It is as

simple as flippling one toggle to loosen it and then lift it

easily (light) off the table.

Go for it Beth.

Ok, I don't have any comments about the Circle Lord, so no help there. However, there was a statement about grease & a gear box...what are we talking about? Is this something we need to do to our longarm machines? Inquiring minds want to know:).

Thanks,

Pat

AZ:cool:

Mille

Guest Linda S

LOL. Okay Beth, don't make me come up there!! ;) You will not believe how easy it is to put the Circle Lord on your machine and, YES, you will be kicking yourself that you didn't try it sooner! :P Now - I must admit that I didn't get an DH involved, so it took me lots less than 2 hours! ;) If you have any problems at all, give Michael a call and he will walk you through it. I can't say enough about how I love the Circle Lord. It makes things so easy you feel like you're cheating!

Linda

I had my Circle Lord much longer than you did before it was put on... A couple of times I got ready to put it on, but stopped. I had quilts to finish and was afraid I'd do something.... I ran into Connie at Quilting on the Waterfront and offered to pay her to put it on. I was a little nervous when she started to take "Alf" apart, but after, I must admit I could have done it. It just might have taken a little longer.

Archived