Tension question

Being a new longarmer I am attempting to change my top thread for the first time. I just wanted to check on this situation. If everything looks ok on the top but on the bottom the bobbin thread looks like long lines instead of a stitch what should I do?

I thought that meant I needed to increase my top tension so I tried that but I think I can't increase it anymore it seems way too tight. So next I'm going to try to loosen the bobbin tension after sleeping on it. I am using so fine in the bobbin and had it already set to about 200 on the towa gauge but switched from so fine on top to yli 40wt. I find it really hard to see..using flannel on bottom...

Thanks!!!

Thanks

I've actually read that posting and watched that video:) my problem is the bottom diagram right? I just wanted to confirm. I can't really tighten my top tension anymore it's way too tight...just trying to confirm that my thinking is correct and I need to adjust my bobbin looser and try again...do you think I'm thinking through it correctly?

Mine seems to work best when my bobbin tension is set so that if a place the bobbin in the palm of my left hand, gasp the thread tail (that runs under the little hook on the side of the bobbin case) with my right hand and lift the bobbin out of my hand with the thread tail. The bobbin case should "drop" a few inches before it stops.

look at minute 2:46 he shows the slow drop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zVkVAxsQWg&feature=related

Archived