Batik quilt, panto from the front...

Isn't saving time great?! Every minute you save is a raise in your salary. I love that about our job. This is one of those rare moments where we can reduce the quilting time on each and every quilt without compromising quality of our work. I'm super stoked to see innovations like this come along, making our jobs more fun. Yay Kevin for hooking your wife up with the BobbinCam and sharing it with us... and Yay Kim Caskey for realizing the potential of the camera pointed at the pantograph... and Yay Ardelle for putting it to use so fast and sharing your excitement on the forum.

Ardelle, you've got me so excited I just might try a panto FROM THE FRONT!!! I know all the renters are loving the view of the underside of the quilt. It sure makes my job easier :)

Originally posted by jmcclannan

Fun quilt! I have to ask if you had any trouble with all those intersections. Did the piecer press the seams open. I have broken needles a number of times on quilts like this.

It was a group quilt, but very well done, very square. The seams were not pressed open, but were laying very flat. No problems at the intersections. I was using a titanium needle.

Archived