Bobbin area is rattling

I am having trouble with skipping stiches mostly and sometimes thread breaking.

My bobbin case seems to be rattling. I have cleaned, oiled, checked timing, checked hook to make sure it is hitting right,

smoothed a burr. but still coming up with major skipping stitches.

Does the hook system get loose? When I sew it seems to rattle more that I have ever noticed before. Sometimes it sews an inch and won't pick up bobbin thread, sometimes it is a few feet.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

thanks!:(

Try switching to bottom line on top to see if you can get that to work.

Sometimes King Tut is the problem.

If you keep the King Tut on top, try fiddling with the tension.

I thought skipped stitches were caused by a bad needle, but since you changed that, it must be something else.

Be patient, someone will come to the rescue!

Good Luck!

Check to see if there are needle holes underneath the skipped stitches. If there are holes, the bobbin thread isn't being picked up on rotation of the hook. That can be a needle-depth problem or a timing problem--something is out of position.

If there are not holes underneath the stitches, your issue is with the stitch regulator. Make sure your encoder wheel is snugged up and not worn. I recently had SR issues with jump stitches in one direction. It was a combination of thick seams and the encoder wheel. Going slower and snugging up the wheel fixed the problem. My thread combo was So Fine and BottomLine though. Tut is tricky...

Yea, I did change bobbin case also...no luck... I have abandoned it for the evening..hoping when I go back to it in am it will be magically fine.

I love love love this machine when it is going well.......and I won' finish the rest of my thought.

Thanks for all your help everybody.

Sheila: Check for run out in your hook. Grab the hook and pull and push on it. If you feel any movement you have run out that needs to be fixed. There is (at least on my machine) a "collar" on the hook shaft between the hook and the hook shaft bushing. Loosen the set screw on the collar, pull the hook out as far as it will go, slide the color back on the shaft til it touches the bushing and tighten it down. Now adjust the space between the hook point and the needle.

Your hook may be loose, so before you check for run out, make sure the set screws that hold it in place are tight. The final thing to look at is the little black "finger" that keeps the hook pocket from rotating. Make sure it is properly adjusted. Good luck. Jim

Archived