bead board

Thanks...and Amie, don't be sorry!! I am still a little confused....is it a ruler that you use to make the little staight lines? And do you do it by stitching toward you and then a small side step and then backwards and another side step, etc? I suppose verticle and horizontal locks are used?

amie - you are right. the reason it is called beadboard is because that is exactly what it looks like. i think a piano key border has the lines stitched the same distance apart, like the keys on a piano.

della - you can use rulers or channel locks. i don't have the channel locks on my freedom so i use the qz and a tracing template. it is a great border treatment for friendly borders and easy to do.

when stitching it - i stitich in the ditch all the way around the border, then travel on the SIDed line for the 1/4" and use the outside of the quilt for the longer travel, since it gets hidden in the binding anyway.

I use a ruler to do piano keys or when double spaced it becomes bead board. To much of a hassle to lock and unlock when you are going such a short distance. I start on the outside go across the border(s) ditch stitch till I reach my next mark come back to outside stitch on the edge of quilt that will be in the binding move to next mark and repeat.

I use a Circle Lord template - it's easy and the spaces are always the same, unless I have to fudge a bit to get them to come out evenly at the far end. If I am doing an outside border, I start at the batting edge and go to the inner seam, and return over the same line to the batting (stitching twice on the same line), then travel across the batting to the next spot and repeat.

Originally posted by sandradarlington

I use a Circle Lord template - it's easy and the spaces are always the same, unless I have to fudge a bit to get them to come out evenly at the far end. If I am doing an outside border, I start at the batting edge and go to the inner seam, and return over the same line to the batting (stitching twice on the same line), then travel across the batting to the next spot and repeat.

Which CL template do you use?

Archived