stitch issues

Can't figure this one out.

Stitching with SoFine 40 Variegated on top and SuperBob on bottom. Top stitches look great but sporadically the back side looks like the pic attached. I think it is called a train track??????

What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks!

post--13461908208772_thumb.jpg

Tighten your top thread just a bit. And also lift the finger on your bobbin case--you're looking for a tiny piece of gunk that may be catching your bobbin thread and causing it to tighten sporadically. Run a pin under the finger, take out the backlash spring and wipe it out, and maybe give it a shot with compressed air. Don't forget to put the spring back....

Whenever there are tension problems, issues with the top thread usually are corrected with bobbin thread adjustment, and vice versa.

Sure looks like a "gunk" ball under the bobbin case tension finger, but it's best to use a stiff card or other non-sharp implement to run under that finger. With a pin, you run the risk of scratching the underside of that finger, compounding your 'stitch issues'.....

I was having similar problems - intermittant bad tension on the back; front looked great. I tried all the suggestions; replaced my bobbin case; tried MagnaGlide bobbins; removed and re-adjusted my tension assembly; loosened my quilt sandwich; and every other suggestion that I was given from people here and from Dawn. Nothing fixed it, so I made an appointment and sent my Liberty back to the factory. It left here on 2/21. As of Friday afternoon, it was not finished, but Amy thinks it will be done on Monday, 3/5. That said, hopefully I will have it back and ready to go in another week or so. I had mine for 4 years without having a tune-up/"spa" treatment, so I'm sure I was just due for one.

I hope your issue gets fixed with a few more adjustments.

Archived