Customer information slips/business

I am starting my longarm business soon and would like to know what types of information you have your customers write down when taking a quilt in. What types of things do you include? I think I have the basics but wonder if I could miss something important to include.

Thank you for sharing.........

Beth

If you are requesting information on an in-take sheet, I can email you a copy of mine.

Things to include beside contact info--

Name of the quilt and colors.

Actual dimensions of top, backer, and batting.

Thread choice(s). Be specific and include type/brand/color#, etc.

Design choices. I use the back to illustrate potential designs. If pantos are to be used, carefully list the name/size/# of the panto.

I note and/or draw any separate designs for borders and sashings.

Finally, the estimated cost. Include info about cents-per-inch, thread charges, batting costs, and whether you charge sales tax. Stress that it's just an estimate.

If possible, give the quilt and over-all scan to look for full blocks or borders, open seams, questionable areas, etc. These may not be noticeable until the quilt is loaded, but a mention to the customer of charges for pressing, re-sewing, and handling fullness is just a heads-up for potential extra charges.

Let me know if you would like a copy of the in-take form. Email below.

Good luck with your business!

I have a couple sentences on the bottom of my intake form for the customer to initial.

I will credit Butterfly Quilting as the quilter if this quilt is displayed or published for any reason. Initial ____ Date ________

I give permission for Butterfly Quilting to use a picture of my quilt in any and all promotional materials. Yes ___ No ___

Also a little disclaimer. Sad that we have to do this. "Neither computerized nor free-motion quilting guarantees or implies perfection. Butterfly Quilting is not responsible for any damage to the quilt from any cause that is beyond its control or for fabric shrinkage or color bleeding when the finished quilt is washed."

Archived