M&M wheels & regulator

I'm having a bit of a problem with my M&M wheels. It seems like stitch regulator problems, but I'm not seeing a problem or dirt or anything. I recall reading somthing about 'static', and there is a fix for it. Does anyone else have this problem or recall the post?

The problem is that all of a sudden stitch regulator seems to just stop. I can quilt just fine if I take it off stitch regulator mode.

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. I have a 2005 millie and never had any trouble like this in the past. My fix was putting on the clip and the strap (both come in the package). I tried just the clip at first but it still stopped so I put on the strap also, so far so good. Hope that's all you need to do.

Yesterday my 2009 Millie (not blissed) would get to the middle of the quilt and one or both channel locks would come on...talk about putting the brakes on unexpectedly! After having it happen on each of the first four passes I called APQS and talked to Amy. She is sending out the grounding kit. I asked her if I could spray 'Static Guard' on the table and carriage. She said it wouldn't hurt. Worked for another 5 hours and it never happened again.:) I will keep the Static Guard handy to use as a temporary fix until the cable arrives. I also sprayed the floor area around the machine. The stuff stinks but luckily it was nearly 60 degrees here in Minnesota and I could open the window a bit for fresh air.

Archived