What to quilt?

I offered to quilt this quilt for a friend in my new-to me-sewing group. This quilt is for her granddaughter's bed. She is entering the quilt in our local fair in a few months. Seems like an easy task since I can do anything I want on this one but I'm clueless on what to do. Ideas would be great. And what thread color? Should I use a different thread color for the white/black areas and the pink/black areas? Thank you!

2848000250107368784S500x500Q85.jpg[/url]

Bonnie...your going to say "WHAT?" ...is she open for a 3rd color?

Drape down lime green on that top (if she's open to a 3rd color). If her room only has pink/black/white..she may not like it.

I've seen those colors together, quilted with lime green, and i was just knocked off my feet.

Virginia, I called my friend to ask her, but she is not home, is out and about, and doesn't remember the name of the pattern off the top of her head. She said she would call me later. I will let you know what I hear.

Maybe Amy can tell us the pattern name.

What a fun quilt!! I agree with either silver or pink thread. I like what Sheri drew. I quilted one very similar for a customer who wanted a panto on it because it was for a young girl. I used blooming hearts and it ended up being really cute.

Bekah, I am actually rethinking what to quilt on this, maybe a panto. I didn't realize it was for a young girl, but that is what I learned after I asked for some quilting ideas. Somehow the colors and designed seemed "older" to me. I think a panto might fit the quilt better. Though I do love Sheri's design.

Archived