from the BACK, do you quilt from right to left?

When your doing a panto,(standing at the back) do you quilt from right to left? Or left to right?

The reason I'm asking is I've noticed when standing at the back of my machine, if I quilt left to right...my thread breaks alot.

But yesterday, I tried quilting right to left(from the back of the machine) and no broken threads. Weird!!

If this is logical then I should be quilting left to right(at the FRONT) of the machine.

So....right to left from the back. Left to right from the front??

Am I crazy? Or maybe my machine is??

Amie

I go both ways if I can as some pantos, like Frisky Feathers, have two rows on the panto and I quilt the first row one direction --right to left -- and the second row the other direction -- left to right. Otherwise I go whichever way is easiest to follow the panto. My machine doesn't care which way I go in regards to the thread breaking. I don't have thread breaks since having my needle bar height adjusted at the factory (I drive a Nolting 24 Pro).

Always from right to left. If your panto has two rows tie the first row off at the left end, and start again sewing the second row from right to left. Its got to do with the rotary hook designed to stitch in a certain direction. It's not wrong to go from left to right, but we're taught to sew from right to left (panto side) and from left to right (freehand side) ;)

Thank you to all who responded!! I thought there was something seriously wrong with either me or my machine hahahaha!

Being a LEFTY, quilting left to right seemed natural. But, right to left is getting MUCH easier with practice.

Carol! It's so good to hear from you!!! I'm loving my Gammill I bought from you with NO regrets!! How are you and your Milli?????

Amie :)

Archived