Back after 3 weeks in the UK...

We have been away for 3 weeks, to the UK on holidays and visiting our daughter who has been in the UK since August on a "working holiday". We had a wonderful trip some time at our daughters, visiting her in her home and at work at Quilters Haven in Wickam Market, Suffolk. Yes, she is working in a quilt store and is loving it. She said she forgot how much she loves working in a quilt shop (referring to working at our store).

Before we went to see Kathleen we went on a 8 day tour of England and Scotland. It was fabulous, saw so many things and were amazed by the beauty and the history.

Then Kathleen joined us back in Scotland to visit with relative of my DH. We stayed with Roger's 3rd cousin near Galasgow and she treated us royally and toured us around the area.

I was very taken with the architecture. So beautiful! And the iron work, I saw so many quilting pattern in iron gates and fencing!

7113716265_a3c019f44d.jpg

Quilter's Heaven, Wickam Market by RoseCity Quilter, on Flickr

6984589854_6c04fb4b23.jpg

Culzean Castle Grounds by RoseCity Quilter, on Flickr

Guest Linda S

Oh how fun! It would have been great to meet up with Linzi and Tracy -- always so nice to meet your on-line friends. I love going to Europe -- "where the history comes from!" as Eddie Izzard says! ;)

Archived