MQS 2012 - who's going?

barbm

:mad::mad: Just had an extended appendectomy last Wednesday and although I'm feeling really well the surgeon said to take it easy on travel. Easy? All I'd have to do is ride/drive for one day and then sit around at the classes! The exercise of walking around the vendor and show quilt area would be good for me! :P Doesn't he realize that he's punishing me! :P Oh well, guess all of you will just have to take lots of pics!! Have fun!

Trying to decide when to go. Does anyone know if you can view the quilts Wednesday during the shoppping frenzy, and have they been judged by then so that the ribbons will be on the quilts? I've not gone that early before, but since I'm bringing a non long-armer, she would be more interested in the quilts than shopping, but I would like to shop before things get picked over (as I've been told I've missed out going later than Wednesday).

Originally posted by SheriB2 yrs ago, we found a "bar" that no only served us our drinks, but AWSOME

hamburgers, fries, chicken baskets, etc. It was inexpensive, relaxing, and the food was GREAT. It's 2 blocks down College BLvd.

Sheri, do you think they'll have room for a bunch of us? If so - and if you can remember the name so we can call 'em ;) - that sounds good to me! It's nice and close, and those that run late can just drop on in.

Barb, AWSOME! You can't see it from the street. It's in a small strip mall kind of area.

You pull out on college Blvd, turning R. Go past that first light, then in the next strip mall on the R side, pull in, and on your R side, drive around the back of that first bldg. The bar is in the

back. Kind of like entering from the basement at MQS! LOL!

Wish I knew which direction was N.S.E or W to help you, but I dont in KC. Sorry.

I'll ask MaryBeth if she remembers/knows the name of it.

I'm new here at the forum and not quite yet new to longarming, but since my Lucey is ordered, I'm an "almosty" and I am looking forward to my first MQS show. I love going to Paducah and Des Moines, and went to Nashville once and I never get tired of quilt shows. My hubby and I are coming for the day on Friday so I can show him what all the excitement about Lucey is all about. I'll be the one with the big grin on my face! After 10+ years of handquilting, I know I won't give it up completely, but it will be so nice to get some of the tops done in way less time.

We are confirmed for Thursday night, 5-7 p,m. at Fred P. Ott's! My rough headcount (from the thread at http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=33246) puts our party at 10-15 - do I have that right? Anyone else want to join us? And I made a sign (amateur, yes, but clear) for our table in the downstairs lobby at the Convention Center - it'll be on the table tomorrow morning before 8 - c'mon by and say Hi!!

Archived