New Millie is HERE!!

My new Millie has arrived and my DH has her all set up, she runs like a dream! I am very impressed with the manual on putting the machine together, we had no problems at all and had it all put together within 4 hours. My DH was impressed with the way everything was packed and labeled, and also with the quality of the machine.

I've already done one charity quilt just to get the feel of the machine and plan on loading a customer quilt tomorrow. So far I love her!!!

I do have one question though. When you are using the one stitch function to pick up the bobbin thread and going through a seam intersection the needle gets stuck on occassion and you have to turn the hand crank, to raise or lower the needle. Is there some setting to turn up the speed of the one stitch function to help eliminate some of this?

Danetta

Quilt Crazy

http://www.quilt-crazy.com

Olympia, WA

Just try to avoid thick intersections on the take up. No problem when the Millie is running full speed. There is an adjustment screw if and when your needle does the up/down thing when you don't want it to, and it seems to happen after I try to go through a thick intersection when I start. When you encounter this, the office can send you a photo on how to adjust the #8 screw. Enjoy, I love my Millie.

Danetta - Welcome to the forum! and congrats on your new machine!

Sounds like you have already "bonded" and are getting comfy with it, so

much fun things to do!

You can do a search here (upper left corner) for past topics and problems

that have been covered already, but yes, sounds like it might be the #8

screw adjustment, which is a very quick and simply thing to do.

Good luck with your business - please share some photos of your work

when you get around to it - we love to get ideas from other minds!!

Oh - I just visited your webshots page - LOVE the colors on your Drangons

teeth quilt - very pretty!

Hello my friend!

Wow, you are quilting already?? Great job to you & Larry!

Regarding the adjustment on the needle speed it is in your manual with pictures, but I will attach my own personal document here for others that may need it.;)

Keep me posted on how things go, can't wait to see a few pictures!

All the best to you & your family in 2007!~ Linda

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adjusting the APQS Millennium?s

Needle Up/Down Speed

There is a tiny screw under the top cover of the APQS Millennium that needs to be adjusted. It is very easy to access and adjust if you follow these steps.

Step 1: Before you do anything, you first need to unplug your machine!

Also, as you are working on it, it is a good idea to touch the metal on the cover frequently to be sure you don't have any static.

Step 2: Now that the machine is unplugged, you can remove the front two bolts on each side of the top cover. Follow the arrows in the following picture for the location of those screws.

Step 3: Next, you need to slightly loosen the 3rd bolt from the front on each side of the top cover as shown below. You don't need to remove it, just loosen it. It becomes the hinge for the top front cover (as you'll see in the Step 4).

Step 4: Now pull up on the front of the top cover so you can access the tiny screw as shown below.

Step 5: Look at the following photo to see which screw to adjust. It is the only screw pointing to the side, so that makes it easy to find. Turn this screw counter clockwise to increase the needle up/down speed, and clockwise to slow it down.

I would suggest turning it one full rotation, then close the cover (you don't have to put the bolts back in yet), plug your machine back in, and push your needle up button to see if the speed is okay. If it's not quite right yet, then unplug your machine, lift the front of the cover, and adjust the screw again. Repeat these steps until the speed is about where you want it. You can rotate it a half a turn at a time to fine tune it.

Final Step: When the speed is where you want it, you can close the cover and put the bolts back in. Don't tighten the bolts until they are all in because you might have to move the cover slightly to get the bolt holes to line up.

If the needle up/down speed is too fast, it will start to over-cycle, which means that when you press the button to stop stitching, it will continue to stitch a few extra stitches. If it does this, you will simply need to turn that little screw clockwise one full turn, and try it again.

Also remember, that as the machine breaks in (and also as it warms up) the needle up speed will increase slightly. So you may have to slow it down a little bit if it starts over-cycling.

So that's it. You now know how to adjust the needle up/down speed for an APQS Millennium.

Feel free to call if you have questions.

Guest Linda S

Wooo hooo Danetta! Welcome to the APQS family. These are indeed impressive machines. Your quilting will become even more lovely (oh dear -- we're in trouble now!) :)

Linda

Welcome Danetta: :)

Gerry here, we met at Innovations, & you kindly signed one of your "Carnation" pantographs for me.

I'm so glad you a greater luck with you new Milli., than with the "other machine" ;) you were given to use during you classes. I so injoyed meeting you, & I'm thrilled you've joined the ranks of Milli owner's.

You'll need to touch up your great website though, & tell everyone about your new toy.

Again, so happy for you, :)

Keep designing those panto's

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! This machine is so awesome, I love it! I think I made a great choice and am going to be very happy with this machine.

Thank you bunches Linda for the detailed instructions, you're a sweetheart! Guess I should have looked harder in the manual. LOL

I'm changing the website this week Geraldine!

Archived