AppliRuler or AppliGuide?

Judith, I ended up ordering the other one, too. I figure I can try them both this way and decide which I like best or may there's a use for both.

Have fun at Deloa's class! I bet you will learn a lot from her. I wanted to sign up for one near me in January at the Road to California but my daughter is expecting my first grand baby at the same time. I can always take a class at a different show but can never have another first grandchild!

I have the appliguide and with a beveled edge it really glides over the applique without catching on it, I added a couple of sandpaper dots to the bottom of it to keep it from sliding too much but it is really like having an extra hand down by the hopping foot. I never use the hopping foot hole though, I just use it to the left of my foot to help guide it around applique, one of the sides has a flat area to it as well so it is easy to use with flower stems and leaves - areas with little curves and little straight areas.

Between that and my castle ruler I got this year at MQX, those are my most used rulers now...

Originally posted by lisae

Originally posted by JunBugs-Quilt-Garden

I have the appliruler and it does have the bevel. I love it.

I am so sorry for the misinformation! The picture doesn't really show the bevel very well. :o

Lisa, I didn't think it looked like it had the bevel either. And I figured DeLoa would have mentioned it as the bevel does make it different from other rulers that are manufactured.

I'm looking forward to getting my order! I also ordered "The Little One" as I like the Castle but would like a smaller ruler.

Originally posted by hmerrill

Bonnie the Little One is probably one of my most favorite rulers! It fits my hand so well.

Heidi, at first I thought bigger would be better when I started buying rulers so I passed over The Little One, but so many recommend it or the Itty Bitty and there are plenty of times I wished my Castle was smaller. Thank you for the confirmation I didn't go wrong in adding it to my order :)

Archived