Texas Hold Em?- Please explain

I have read several different posts with the phrase 'Texas Hold Em'. I understand it to be a braking system that is used when you remove the front (quilt top ) bar. (someone in the know please correct me if I've got this all wrong)

If possible, could a picture be posted of it please, so I can actually see how it attaches and also any information, eg. pros and cons of it and where I would obtain it from. I can definitely see the quilting benefits of removing that bar!

Thanks in advance for your input on this one.:)

Julie,

It is not so much a brake but a very short piece of the quilt top roller with a peg/post to go into the eye bolt at the end of the table you have you brake on.

Les made me one with a 2 1/2" hole cut in an old kitchen bench top with a key hole saw.. He then scred a piece of 5/8 dowel to the end to go in the eye bolt.

I had mine off for 18months put it back on to use the upfront Circle Lord ( but didn't). I use that front top roller on every quilt now to make sure it is straight etc. At times i wish it wasn't there but taking it off doesn't give you any more room on the quilt top, it just means you can get up closer!

post--13461908971035_thumb.jpg

Archived