King size quilt

Years ago I had a Juki on a 12' table and it had a 9-10" throat. I always did large quilts. By the time you get to the end of the quilt you really only have about a 6" working space if that. That's how and why I did SID on everything. I could quilt half of a 12" block, roll the quilt, then quilt the other half. You could also do any pantographs 6" or less. It was sort of like doing a border over and over. I used it for over 20 years. When I got my Liberty I felt like I had been given wings and the wide open sky to quilt on.

One thing I did was always loaded the quilt with it's sides on the leaders because it would mean less bulk at the end. Now I always load the top and bottom of the quilt to my leaders. I like looking at my quilt upright.

Thanks OMA I never thought about loading the sides of the quilt. My daughter has a quilt top almost finished that's a King. I'll try that on it. I just finished my very first quilt last week, it's a queen. I did it in a rose vine pattern. It was for practice and not a true pieced top, just one of the pre-printed jobs. But I think it turned out fair. If I can learn to post pictures on here I'll post a picture of it.

On my 12' gammill table, using both my Premier 18-10 and 22-10 machines I have done King size and longer {so far up to 147" in length with wool batting without a problem. I was able to make it clear to the bottom using an 11" panto without needing to adjust the lazar light, figured I could easily do 2-4 more rows.

I have a customer who always brings me these very long quilts. For the long one I use pantos from 9'-11"

Your first quilt looks wonderful, your ready to roll.

Terry

Holy Cow ,your first quilt ever , you are a pro already ,great quilting ,gotta just love them singers ,my first quilts were done on a singer older than myself and it quilts awesome stitches ,now I know why the ladies were studying my stitches so closely at the quilt shop when they ask what kind of machine I used they were stunned to learn it was a plain ole singer

Archived