Quiltazoid templates

connieb

I just purchased a used quiltazoid. I can hardly wait for it to get here. It is coming with a couple of templates (#19 Regal, 1/4 cross hatch, and the spiral border) but I am wondering what are your most used/favorite templates as I know I'm going to want more. Thank you

Also if you have the spiro attachament do you use it more than the templates or not, I'm looking at adding that in the near future.

I just purchased a quiltazoid. I met the husband of the owner in a near town and we exchanged goods and money. We both were feeling rather like some who exchange illegal goods. We were at the Cracker Barrel in broad daylight. I've had it on the machine - did not stitch anything because I had a quilt on my frame. I can't wait to stitch and will be anxious to hear what all of you say about your most used templates.

Thanks

Libby and Heidi - I am happy and optimistic about my Quiltazoid. The unit I purchased came with the double sided 1" and 1/2" cross hatch board and the 1/4" board. Excited that they are favorites! Part of the package was also "Little bit of everything" a three other boards.

I did stitch most of the designs tonight and anxious to master the tricks of the Quiltazoid.

CiCi

I think that the Little bit of Everything template board is the most versatile, but for something fun and unusual I really like the pinched square spiral--I just stitch out the design--keep needle down--move QZ down the bar to the starting point and stitch the spiral again--repeat across the quilt top. Then fill in the melon shaped spaces with meandering--gives it a great look.

Terri

Connie, you will enjoy using your Quiltazoid and seeing all the different ways you can use the boards in quilts. I use the spiro attachment probably 1/3 of the time vs. the boards. Just depends on the quilt and what the customer allows me to do! The hardest part for me was to remember not to lean on the belly bar when stitching the designs (got a gym membership to help alleviate that problem :o). Have fun!!

Archived