Gutermann Thread??

A new customer sent me a quilt and enclosed a few spools of a very unique color of gutermann poly thread (a turquoise color)and asked that I use it. hmn, what to do! I sent her a note saying I would try it on a sample piece first, but couldn't promise that I could use it since I didn't know if it would work well in a long arm. has anyone used gutermann on their machine and if so did it work out ok? any special tricks/hints?

Many thanks!

The first and best test is to see if you can easily break the thread. If it does break easily it's not strong enough to stand up to high-speed stitching, which you can explain to your customer. If you decide to use it you'll need a spool holder for your machine and make sure she's sent you enough thread to finish the project.

Please let us know what your results were if you use it.

I bought some Gutermann on sale at Jo Anns and decided to use it in my chain stitch machine because if was very inexpensive and I figured I wouldn't mind just pulling it out when I was done with quilts. It was so full of slubs that I had a very difficult time just ripping out the chain stitching! I won't buy it again.

Archived