New APQS Forum Help

DawnCavanaugh

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to the new APQS Forum. We recently changed the format of our forum to make it more feature-rich and user friendly. Change is good, but sometimes takes a little time to adjust.

You will discover many new ways to enrich your experience on our forum, including the ability to upload photos, communicate with other forum posters as "friends", and set specific preferences for how you follow threads and topics. You can select different ways to view new information, including such methods as:

* View New Content

* View what's new since my last visit

* By Time Frame

* By Topic

You can also explore ways to organize threads you wish to follow, conversations with others, and information about yourself.

We are still working on some changes that you have requested from our previous Forum version, and are still working on a few glitches regarding photo uploads and recovering previously saved "favorite" postings.

We encourage you to explore the new layout...we think you'll be pleasantly surprised at all the new Forum has to offer!

Start by clicking on the "down arrow" next to your username and login spot at the top of the page. There you'll see several options to control the way you see and follow things on the forum, including:

*My Profile

*My Content

*Manage Friends

*Personal Messenger

*My Settings

*Content I Follow

*Manage Ignore Preferences.

Click on any of the links and explore the options associated with each topic. If you used the U2U message system in the old Forum, your old posts were migrated over to the new system and are located in the "conversations" subsection under "Personal Messenger". Take a few moments to delete those old files if you no longer need them. This will give you more room for new conversations! To delete them, click on the "conversations" link on the left side of the "Personal Messenger" page, under the "Folders" heading. You'll see an edit button appear. You can delete the entire contents of the "conversations" folder at once if you click on the small "trash can" symbol to the right of the word "conversations".

PHOTOS

To view posted photos in a large version, click on the photo to open the thumbnail. The photo will open in a separate window for viewing. If more than one photo is attached to an individual post, you can scroll between the photos by hovering next to the left or right side of a photo. This will display a "previous" or "next" button for navigation.

To upload photos, save your photos to your computer in a format that is smaller than 1600 x 1200. Then attach the photo at the bottom of a new post. To upload more than one photo to a particular post, you must first have Adobe Flash 9 or later on your computer. If you do not have that, use this link and follow the download instructions for your particular operating system:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Click on the link below the "Attach Files" section at the bottom of the posting page to access the Advanced Uploader. That will allow you to upload more than one photo to an individual post. (NOTE: As of October 7, 2012 we are still working on upload issues a few forum users are encountering regarding file size limits and uploading issues and will try to get those resolved quickly.)

Currently, if you remove a photo from your "Manage Attachments" folder, it will be deleted from the post in which it appeared as well. We are working to change that so that the photo can remain in place.

"LIKES" AND REPUTATION

Forums operate a bit differently from common social media formats such as Facebook. When you "like" a particular topic, you are increasing the "reputation" of that particular post. For more information, visit the Help section of the Forum (see link below).

GETTING HELP

We want your online experience to be enjoyable and educational. New features can be a little daunting to learn! Take some time to read through the Help File for the new Forum by using this link:

http://forum.apqs.com/index.php?app=core&module=help

You can also access the help file by scrolling down to the bottom of the page. You'll see the "Help" link there. If you have difficulty or have questions, feel free to contact us. We'll do our best to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. A few features from the old Forum are not transferrable to the new format. However, we think you'll find the added flexibility of the new Forum to far outweigh those inconveniences experienced with the transfer.

Thanks for your support of APQS!

Guest Linda S

Thanks for the tips, Dawn! Yes, it's a big change, and it will take some getting used to, but I really like it. Best part of all? No SPAMMERS! Hurray!! I also like the smilies, the fact that you can post more than one picture without having to have a separate photo account on the web, easier text editing (bold, italic, etc). Change is hard, but there's a lot to like here. Thanks APQS for the new board. A more secure place to chat with friends is a very good thing.

I'm with Linda. Thanks to APQS for providing us with a great place to share that is free from spammers! Thanks to Dawn for the great info on how to navigate the new system. I especially like being able to upload more than one photo per post. Or will be once I learn how to do that. But first, quilts to quilt!

Great new avatar of you too Dawn. I love the new look.

Archived