Wonderfil Deco Bob Prewound bobbins

When I was at the AQS show in Des Moines, I visited the Wonder-fil booth. They had prewound bobbins (plastic cases) using 80 wt. thread. There are 110 yards on an L size bobbin. I bought some to try and used them today. I was using Glide on top and they worked really well ! They also come in a size 15 which some DSMs use...........my Janome uses the 15 bobbin. Just thought I would share. They are called Deco Bob Prewounds and come in a variety of colors if you want to check them out. Always fun to find something new that works well !!! :)

Good to know! I bought 2 boxes yesterday (size M) at the creative festival in Toronto. Also bought a cone of the new thread for longarms called Master Quilter it is 40wt polyester. Going to use it today so I'll let you know how I make out.

• 2 weeks later...

I am working on my 3rd quilt using these bobbins and I am very impressed. Absolutely NO problems at all. I have used Glide thread, Essence invisible by Fil-Tec and now Omni..............all 3 have worked beautifully without any tenson tweaking.

I just got the Essence Invisible and really do like it, too. I bought a small cone of smoke and one of clear. So far, so good !

I am working on my 3rd quilt using these bobbins and I am very impressed. Absolutely NO problems at all. I have used Glide thread, Essence invisible by Fil-Tec and now Omni..............all 3 have worked beautifully without any tenson tweaking.

I just got the Essence Invisible and really do like it, too. I bought a small cone of smoke and one of clear. So far, so good !

I got a cone of the Essence invisible thread at MQXWest and I love it! It's just as good as the Monolon, which I have been a vocal fan of for years. It's way less expensive though., and stitches beautifully.

Archived