Ordering thread

I have the money to order about 7 or 8 spools of thread. I love the King Tut, but don't know which colors to get. I already have 905, 914, 921, 934, and 941 that I got when I got my machine. What colors would everybody recommend? I love the 920- Sands of Time. I will probably order 3 or 4 of King Tut and then some SoFIne or something. Any suggestions as to what is best to get. Thanks.

Teresa,

You can get both large cones or small spools of the complete line of Signature threads from Hancock's of Paduch. They have a very nice full color catalog or you can go on line to order, very fast and great service. They use to have online ordering over $50.00 had no shipping, but its been some time since I last ordered so I don't know if that's still true.

I use to order all my battings and threads from them, but only buy onesys for now.

Anyone who is looking for a place to purchase Signature Thread can go to

www.checkerdist.com. This was info was just given to me last week by another LA in my area of Tennessee. I haven't used them so I don't know if they have min. orders rules. If anyone has bought from them, maybe they can tell you. My friend said she buys 3000 yd cones for about $12.95 ea.

Love the idea of "Lime Green" ...........definately going to order some of that stuff.

Questions: When you use PolyQuilter do you use the same in your bobbin? And has anyone used "Brytes" from Superior? I ordered 4 cones and they look yummie, but haven't tried them out. Any tips before I start?

Kate Meyers

Tenessee

Hi Kate,

Checker Distributors is a wholesaler and you have to have an account with them. They have a minimum $300.00 order for your first order and after that it is $75.00 per order or you pay a surcharge. They also have a yearly minimum.

Check out Kingsmen supply for their signature thread. They are very competitive with purchasing wholesale.

Patty

I order almost all of my thread thru Kings Men, www.kmquiltingsupply.com I always check with them first, then look at others for priceing, but always go back to them. If they don't have the color I am looking for then I shop around. They also have free shipping, or reduced shipping if you order 10 cones or whatever. I'm not sure of the special deal, but it might be worth checking out if you are buying several.

I agree with Norece about the Lime Green. This is not a color that I would have ever considered, I am a Thimbleberry (dark colors) gal. Myrna suggested it in her classes and it is great! Just in the last week, I have used So Fine #450 on 2 quilts.

I started out using strictly Signature cottons, but I have to say I am a poly convert now. I will keep the cotton in basic colors for those that request it, but I am ordering more and more of the So Fine.

I also just received a few cones of Isacord.... wow it is yummy! :P Can't wait to try it out on the next quilt. It is also economical, 5000m for $7.95. Can't beat that ;)

Patty

Patty,

I just took a look at #450 So Fine...nice!

A couple of years ago I saw a display of antique quilts and a lot of them were hand-quilted with coloured thread...red, brown, green...on white backgrounds...they were beautiful!

For our next raffle quilt at our guild we made a quilt using 30's prints and quilted it with a spring green and it was great!

Dear Teresa and Norece

My address in Tennessee is Sevierville. Wears Valley backs right up to the Smokies..........literally my backyard. Sorry I wasn't clear about location, but just used to saying Wears Valley which is in Sevierville. Moved here 1 1/2 yrs ago and wake up each morning and thank the Universe for allowing me to call TN my home.

Norece, where are you in Tenn? I do buy my thread from Superior. Actually, it's the only thread I've tried. I've only used King Tut and Bottomline. Just venturing out. Thanks for advice, I'll get in touch with them on the bobbin issue and sin up for newsletter.

Thanks, Patty for the heads up on Checker.....just got an email from them this AM and you are right about the mins. I'll check out Kings Men.

Kate Meyers

Wears Valley

Sevierville, TN

Archived