my e-mail hacked!!!

Hi ,all. We received a warning last evening from ATT/yahoo mail that our account was probably hacked by a person from Serbia.

We immediately shut down the system and changed password as suggested. But it seems that possibly 4 of our e mail contacts had possibly been compromised. We did NOT send the email to our contacts!We notified Att to run a virus scan. If by chance you get an e-mail sent by Milton McMullen with a web site linked to it, DON'T go to it! WE did not send this e-mail! We have changed our info. This just makes me so angry that anyone can invade my privacy like this Thanks , Becky

We had this happen to our email account that was tied with our phone company's internet a few years ago. What they told us (Ace Telephone) was it was because we were using our email to send larger files and receiving emails with big attachments - they said this made it easy for a hacker to get in to our account because that isn't what email was ever designed for....? So we've never used that account since that headache. We use gmail or yahoo and change our passwords on a regular basis. Hope it's all straightened out for you easily and quickly.

I had the same thing happen a few months ago. I'm the editor of our guild newsletter. They got into and used the list of about 100 guild members. I had to break the list into smaller lists, change password a couple of times, and so far so more problems. But I know several people this has happened to. It's more common than you think.

FWIW, this forum is not alone. The yahoo account of an acquaintance from my old church in New Jersey also got hacked this past week--e-mails went out using her account name to everyone on her contacts list, claiming that she was stranded in Scotland and needed money. Luckily, the Re: line did not look like something she would have written and I did not open it. Those who did were also hacjked. And so on . . . .

It's very important today to keep your protection programs up to date.

I wish people could use their computer "talents" to a positive use and not reeking havoc to other people. Someone did something to my internet account through Google and I couldn't get on the internet for two days. The access isn't right yet.

Hang in there.

Archived