Using CL Templates on a Quiltazoid

I've used other manufacturer's templates that don't have holes drilled in the right places, and just used those black "bulldog" clamps you can get at an office supply to hold the template down. Assuming that you are wanting to use the template from the front of the machine. If you want to use the big boards, I think you need the extra long arm, if you plan on using them from the front.

I've not tried CL but I have used boards from RnS. Gail is right you can use clamps to attach the boards or just drill holes where they need to be. I'm not sure why you would need any spacer at all as you can adjust the QZ arm up and down as needed. The only problems I see that might occur is if the grooves on the CL are different than the QZ. I know the QZ and RnS have no differences as far as grooves go.

Hi Ann, I have used my Round CL templates on my Quiltazoid. I used a QZ template to mark were the holes need to be on the CL templates, and drilled holes, just need to be aware not to drill through any part of the pattern.

So now I can screw them on the QZ with the provided screws. They work just like any other QZ templates, moving 2/4/8 depending on the design.

Hope this helps.

Archived