Hand quilting

I have a customer that needs a quilt hand quilted and was wondering if anyone out there knows of someone that does hand quilting? It's cross stitch and it's done pretty good. She wanted it long armed but I won't do it because there's too many little strings that I'm afraid of catching on my hopping foot. I told here she may need to mail it out to someone to have done. If anyone knows of someone that is interested please let me know. It has so much on it cross stitched I don't think you would have but 4 inches in one spot to even do anything. I have long armed cross stitch but never with this much on it. LOL

She can send it away to either the Amish or (here locally) Mennonite hand quilters. The charge is about the same as a longarmer would charge--all according to the density of the quilting. The Mennonites charge by the yard of thread. The only draw back might be that the quilt must be pre-marked with the quilting lines before they'll take it.

I am longarming a cross-stitch quilt right now. It, too, is well done. It has some satin stitch, some backstitch (outline stitch or whatever its called) and LOTS of cross-stitch. I have had no problem so far at all, and I'm about half done with the cross-stitch part, which I am treating almost like applique. I don't think you will have a problem longarming it, if you decide to give it a try. I do have to mention I don't have the open-toe foot on my Millie.

Archived