Bobbin Winders

Robin M

Hi Robin. On the home page bring down the list under the "Service and Support" button to click on "order parts". The Turbo winder is listed and is $325. I was lucky to purchase a used one that a forum member wanted to sell and got a great price. I love it!

There are other winders you might check out. Gammill has one on their site that is much less expensive and seems to be well liked.

This topic has been discussed many times. Search sidewinder on the forum. Some options people have used included winding on their domestic machine. I bought the Gammil for about $90 and have been happy with the purchase. Get your bobbin winder replaced so you can begin to enjoy the Lenni. Mary

Thanks for all the feedback! Winding on my domestic machine isn't a good option, since they are not in the same building (my Lenni is in a studio that is part of a detached garage). I read over a lot of Forum postings and got some good leads, but the crowd favorite, the Bengal One, doesn't seem to be available any more. I did see one called a Luis Sew http://atlaslevy.3dcartstores.com/Luis-Automatic-Electric-Bobbin-Winder_p_353.html that looks pretty good. Does anyone have any experience with it? I also looked at the Gammill, but I'd rather not have a foot pedal if possible.

Mary, this hasn't kept me from enjoying my Lenni, but it is irritating, and I'm ready for a fix!

Robin

Archived