Purchase Consideration of a Lenni or Luci

belinda2

I'm considering purchasing a Lenni or Luci. I am a self taught quilter and have done everything on my sewing machine. My main concern is that there is no local dealer to visit to try out the machine and concerned about warranty work/service/support for this machine as I live in a remote area. Any input you may have is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Belinda

Murphy, NC

Hi Belinda,

Personally, I would buy as much machine as you can afford. Would you be interested in a "Certified" used machine at a very good price? Factory warranty on these machines is 1 year. And please don't worry about being in a remote area. That was my concern when I purchased my first machine in 1997, but the APQS machines are built so you can maintain, and yes even "repair" them yourself. There is great video support on youtube as well. I just watched Amy show how to adjust or replace the stitch regulator encoder wheel on youtube. Easy peasy!

You can contact me off list if you'd be interested in a new or used machine. eppd@telus.net I'm sure you have lots of questions, and wonder exactly which machine model would suit your needs and future goals.

Belinda

As far as warranty and service work I wouldn't be concerned. There is very little you cannot fix yourself on these machines. Anytime I've needed help a quick call to the factory and I have the parts and really good instructions on the way. I'll bet someone close to you will offer to let you test drive their machine. Also look on the APQS homepage under products you will see Certified Used Machines they just put up a new list today and there are some excellent deals.

Nigel

Hi Belinda, although I don't live in America , when purchasing my machine I had the same situation, there was no dealer close by, in fact my dealer lived 2 states away. This made no impact on the great support that I have received and continue to receive from her. I have also had excellent fast support from APQS in Iowa, and I'm in a different continent! So please don't let distance to a dealer be your concern.

As Nigel mentioned, perhaps there is someone close by that will be able to let you test drive on their machine. This forum is a great place to get support and I'm sure someone here will be able to help you. Happy hunting for that machine. :)

Hi Belinda,

We have a terrific group of dealers across the globe! The closest to you As far as trying out a machine, an APQS road show will soon be in the southeastern U.S. We are working out the details and should have the dates and locations finalized by early next week, but the plan is to be in the Carolinas in mid-February. We will post the dates on the "Events Calendar" tab on the apqs.com website as soon as they are set.

In the meantime, Michael Sullivan in Six Mile, South Carolina would be the closest dealer to you at just over 2 hours away. He has a Millennium machine but would be able to visit with you about the differences between the Lucey and Lenni and the Millie, too.

Regarding your question about warranty and service, we do our best to provide unmatched customer service and support, no matter where you live. We have machines across the globe, in such far away places as Australia and as tiny as Trinidad. Nigel is right...if your machine ever has an issue, we are typically able to solve the problem with a phone call. The engineers have designed the machines to be extremely user friendly and simple to use. That means maintenance and repair is simple, too. That's why we offer an 8-year warranty on new machines. We're confident in our products, and we'll take care of you:).

Let us know what other questions you have!

Archived