red and beige strip fabric

I am looking for a red and beige strip fabric but the only thing I have found is a cotton ticking and don't think that would be good to use on a quilt binding what do you think? If I am correct in this thought would anyone know where I could find a cotton fabric that would work? I need about 1 1/2 yards.

If you cut striped fabric on the bias for your binding it can look very cute when applied; it would depend on your quilt top however, if you would want a stripped binding. On some it would look great and others it could be a big distraction.

I personally wouldn't use ticking for binding because of the heavier weight. Have you tried Hancocks of Paducah for your striped fabric? You might also try searching on line for it. I was looking for black and white or black and tan pinstripe, and found lots of red/tan while I was looking.

Joann's has a Denyse Schmidt fabric on clearance right now that has a "sort of" red and offwhite motif. Boy, that didn't describe it well at all, did it? It looks great as a binding, though, and it's way cheap right now (I think it's $6/yd and even less if they're having their 50% off clearance sale). Pardon the color in the photo: it's under LED light and doesn't show true.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mandalei/8409194167/in/photostream

Archived