Oh my word!

I have to admit I was speechless when I first watched this video. Surely that fullness was obvious from the beginning. First, That quilt would have been sent back to it's mother for a tummy tuck! LOL I really think taking a few well placed pleats would have looked better than so much fullnss. I really liked her choice of border design. I thought it was perfect to work in the fullness. Could you imaging if that was a feather border? Makes me shudder just to think about it! I once had a customer that just added border after border to a quilt that started out twin size and ended up queen size. NO MEASURING!. I got about 1/3 of the way down and it was obvious that this fullness was not going to work out. I called the customer and took the quilt off the frame. She took inches, yes inches, out of those borders! She brought it back and I finished quilting. It turned out great, but boy did I sweat that one! BTW, I love to quilt one handed! The M & M wheels make it so easy!

Great video.  I have customers who like the puffy look and would be happy with this faux trapunto border.

I too would have worked hard to keep the border straighter from the start.....but I learned from her technique.  I know I don't quilt with one hand well, but maybe it's something I'll need one day.

Archived