My boys are going to wrestle...

They have their first meet on one week...and are really excited.

They are on the middle school team.

?? I am frantically looking for wrestling shoes for them. Strange request I know. But, perhaps some of you might know of a great place to get them for a steal of a price. They only have 4 meets this season...and shoes are expensive.

Oh...and yes, I will be posting pictures of them. Sven wasn't sure at first about wrestling, but he loves it. He has a practice partner with eric, so they are having a good time. Even though they are both in great shape, they have discovered muscles they did not know they had!

They have practice again this afternoon. I will talk to the coach about used shoes. Thats a great idea. We are such a small community...and no place to shop! The high school boys just finished their season...so maybe!

It will be fun to see them compete. The coach thinks wrestling will be good for svens diabetes. He has had other kids with it and their blood sugars are actually down from all the intense exercise. Eric is hopeful it will better him for baseball.

Funny thing...the boys already asked me to help make a quilt to raffle for the team. So...one is in the works. More on that later.

Kristina no help with shoes but I think starting with other wrestlers first is a good start.  My son did a year of wrestling in Middle school and he really liked it until his first match with a girl.  I am not for boys wrestling girls personally.  Boys and girls are different and I think when it comes to contact sports like that it should be against the same sex.  I sure wouldn't want middle school boys grabbing my daughter in inappropriate places.  My son said it was very hard for him because boys aren't supposed to treat girls like that and that was how he was raised.  I think secretly he was worried about living down being beat by a girl too.  LOL  I know some won't agree with me but I'm ok with that  :).  

Also, you might try Ebay if you are not opposed to used shoes and Ebay'ing.

My two girls played a lot of sports and we sure miss following them around to their events. We used to go nonstop and wouldn't miss an event for the world. Now that we have no kids at home, we are MORE tired than we were when they lived with us. Not sure how that happens?!? Enjoy all those great events, Kristina! I'm sure it will be fun for them and you to learn a new sport! I hated basketball before my kids played, but once I learned the sport I ended up loving the game. But nothing beats baseball  :)

Archived