New Generation Millie

I guess I'm just too "stick in the mudish".  I don't get too excited over "new and better".  I try and buy good quality to begin with, and then stick with it.  In fact I still have a Ford F250 I bought new in 1988.  It's a great truck and still serves me well.  I'm comfortable with it, as I'm comfortable with my Ult2.  I've upgraded her with stitch regulator, power lift, electronic channel locks, 2 position laser pointer, after market wheels, and a rebuilt roller rack.  All things I felt were really worth the trouble to buy/build.

I do like the new switch configuration on the Milli.  I only test "drove" a Milli once at the Dallas quilt show, but the multiple buttons on the handle ends confused me.  I'd be more comfortable with the new configuration.  I'm sure I'd have gottern used the the all the buttons on the handlkes if I'd had such a machine.  After using some embroidery machines, I'm not too hot on all the electronic sensors (not just on sewing machines, but on cars as well).  They do neat things, but they are things that misbehave, and sometime fail.  As far as lifetime warrantee's go, the way APQS machines are built, there's

no need for a lifetime warrantee.  The machines last forever!  I won't be rushing out to buy a replacement machine anytime soon.  Jim

Archived