Fast piecing, fast quilting....

Pretty quilt, Janette. And nice that it is yours so you can enjoy it! I have a tool to cut these strip sets and have made a sample block while just playing but haven't pieced together a quilt yet...I think I just found a use for some leftover fabric! I love watching the MSQC videos. Jenny makes everything look so easy and fun...I wish I had half of her energy!

That turned out great! Funny thing is that I am sewing the binding onto to the same quilt. I used a Jelly Roll and solid white yardage that I cut into the strips. Mine looks almost like yours, probably due to the white fabric. I got my idea from watching Jenny Doan's u-tube demo.

I like the panto you used. I decided to "modern custom" quilt mine. Lots of straight lines in the white and wavy lines on the prints, and a real crazy backing.

It was a fun quilt to make.

That turned out great! Funny thing is that I am sewing the binding onto to the same quilt. I used a Jelly Roll and solid white yardage that I cut into the strips. Mine looks almost like yours, probably due to the white fabric. I got my idea from watching Jenny Doan's u-tube demo.

I like the panto you used. I decided to "modern custom" quilt mine. Lots of straight lines in the white and wavy lines on the prints, and a real crazy backing.

It was a fun quilt to make.

i can see they are addictive  to make.  my solid is natural not white on his  but am  planning a scrappy with white.  currently making one with aqua which will get some custom quilting....  

Hey Janette. This is a wonderful bright and springy quilt and I love your panto you used. Can you tell me how many jelly rolls you used and how big of a quilt they made? Was the solid a white? I'd love to make one! Oh, and what panto was it?

Hi,

I used 39 strips from a 40 strip jelly roll  (the patterned fabric) and I cut 39 more strips from the solid fabric (in this quilt it is a natural cream colour)  which made 26 strip sets  (13 of solid colour solid and 13 of colour solid colour)  -  this makes 78 blocks with some leftover end pieces, although I had a couple of cutting errors and a couple of strips that didnt work colour wise.  Therefore I used 72 blocks in my quilt.  8 blocks x 9 blocks and it ended up 64 inches x 72 inches with  no borders added.  If you wanted to make borders it would be as large as you liked...

The panto was called "SWIRLS AND SUCH"

The one I am making now is going to be bigger though using up all of my blocks and a couple more.... LOL

Hope this helps.

I made mine six blocks wide and six blocks long. It is small and will most likely be used as a baby girl gift for one of my daughter's friends. I wanted to try the technique on a small quilt to see how I liked it. Outcome: I like it and had fun doing it.

I also made a "Three Dudes Quilt." That was another of Jenny's u-tube videos. I love watching them!

Archived