Banana Seal clamps

I want to share my new clamps. I think I bought them from Target two years ago. Not sure why I never used them, probably cuz of laziness as they needed some elastic added on and Velcro sewed on. After the featherweight clamp topic, I got them out, added the elastic cording through the hollow tube and sewed a long strip of Velcro through the elastic loops. I've been using them on a 72 x 90 custom quilt that I've had to do lots of advancing back and forth with and I'm finding I'm loving these clamps. They never fall off and I don't have to reposition the Velcro as the elastic gives. Oh and my machine and base glide right under them. I want to say they were only $12 plus elastic and Velcro I had on hand. They are 14 to 15 inches long.

post-5206-0-14338600-1362760642_thumb.jpg

post-5206-0-30007200-1362760656_thumb.jpg

Nancy, I think I got them online at Target. They are for potato chips and pet food bags. I've heard others found them at places like RiteAid.

Moving 4 clamps would tedious! I think these 14 to 15 inch ones are the perfect size for those on-point blocks that my machine can't quite reach the distance with my extended base on. I can advance a little bit without adjusting the clamps.

Ladies, I think you will like these! Marci, I too ordered from the slightly higher price site first and then found the other site! I think they were only a $1 or so more as the shipping on the second site was higher. Oh well, for about $12 they are really worth it I think.

Archived