Anyone selling a Donita Reeves Rulermate?

Linzi, you need to order yours specifically.  She has them drilled now, according to where our needle hole is.  Since our machines are drilled individualy, the needle hole may be "off" on each machine, just a tad.  She will send you out via mail, a cardboard template you insert under your hopping foot. You lower your needle into the positioned template., punch the cardboard with your machines needle, send back the template for manufacturing of the hole in the "correct" placement for your machine.

Clear as mud girl?

Note, shipping is a couple weeks..not the fastest, but WELL worth it! Love Love Love her base plate!!!

I ordered 4 Ruler Mates for the Millennium and didn't have to use any template. They were in the mail and here within a couple of weeks. BTW, don't bother ordering a special base for the machines without a thread cutter. The Milli base fits just fine, and if you ever upgrade to a Millennium, you won't have to order a new base. Found that out the hard way, as an order for a Lucey base never did get filled, even tho' it was paid for. Out of desperation, we tried a Millie base and it worked just fine on the Lucey

My old Milli base w/o cutter also fits Lucey and Lenni. Blowing out fluff is fine. I leave it on all the time.

Rather a faff to do a template...! They should all be the same!

This base will be for 2013 Milli and I have left the cutter on since I now have Bliss so the added weight should not be such an issue...

My Ruler Mate stayed on all the time Ardelle.  I clean the bobbin daily with a compressor from the bottom, and once a week the ruler mate comes off for a thorough cleaning with WD40 etc.  The Ruler Mate is attached with 2 screws, just like your regular base plate.

Linzi, if you order a Ruler Mate, ask for the template first to make sure the needle hole is centered.  I ordered mine, had to send it back because the needle hole was off center too much, waited weeks for the template, finally got it, centered the needle on it, send it back, waited weeks again for the new ruler mate.  Shipping each way was in excess of $35.00 plus the cost of the Ruler Mate, so mine is worth about $300.00....lol

I ordered my Rulermate in July (2012), received it in October.  The needle hole was off-centre so I was asked by the owner to return it to be replaced or retooled.  I didn't receive a replacement even after repeated phone calls and emails to the owner and promises that it would be sent out "this week".

Finally in March (2013), I contacted my credit card company, provided them with documentation (invoice and dates of phone calls and emails with the owner) of the dispute. The credit card company agreed to reimbursed me for the cost of the RulerMate. 

I'm still out the shipping costs and brokerage fee and sale taxes (provincial and federal) collected at the CAN border, but greatful the after 8 months the credit card company disputed the claim for non-delivery of goods.

I've used the RulerMate on my APQS dealers machine, it's a very good addition to have.  Unfortunately, I didn't get the base I ordered and paid for from RulerMate.  Hopefully someone will have one for sale on this forum.

Leslie

I am so glad I didnt have these issues when I ordered my base.  Its an invaluable tool for ruler work and mostly its on all of the time except for on very large quilts on my lenni frame where I am using a larger size panto and need the additional few inches free that the rulermate usually takes up....  

Archived