Telll me more about Quilt Path. Is that the computer that does the designs and steers the machine?  I saw something similar at the Gammill booth in Paducah. Will those quilts be entered into competition in their own category, or will they compete with manually quilted quilts? 

Yes, you program the machine & it stitches out your designs. You can do an edge to edge pantograph or use it to do just certain portions of the quilt, as in a custom quilt. It's easy to operate, once you understand all of the features. As with all things, there is a learning curve, but I'm so happy with it. QP comes loaded on a touchscreen computer tablet that sits on top of your longarm.

Most of the shows that I've seen have separate categories for hand-guided and computerized longarm quilting.

That is really neat. I'm amazed at all the new innovations in quilting. I wonder what my grandmother would think of all this if she were still alive.

I will have to go watch one of those Quilt Path computers in action.  I did see the one with the Gammill and it was amazing.

Starks Studio West, thanks for the eye candy. I can't wait to get mine so that I can start playing. UPS says it is out for delivery... I can't concentrate on my customer quilt right now so I have been doing busy work, cleaning the studio and doing some piecing on projects that need to get done in the next couple weeks. I put a note on the front door telling the driver I am here and really want that package... Every time the dog across the street barks I go look out the window to see if it is UPS.

Teresa, my Grandmother would be in awe. She never thought I would quilt, so that might just shock her more then my longarm.

Sometimes I crank up both of my Millies with both of the computerized systems and fire up my embroidery machine as well as the washing machine and the dishwasher just so I can feel like Mickey Mouse with the Wizard hat. 

The electric company LOVES me. :)i

And, for the record... my grandma would say, "ROCK ON"!

OK Angela!!  Today I have two IQ's running, one CQ, and Quilt Path running all at once...maybe I should put my embroidery unit on my Bernina and start something there too?!?!  (Yes, people, I have an employee here today helping me keep all this going...I am not challenging Mickey Mouse!!)

I keep buying Digital patterns sets for my Quilt Path, and can't seem to stop!   I have in the past collected whole sets of threads, multiple rolls of batting, lots of sets of fabrics, you name it...Ha!  This is no different.  I am a collector.  Oh well, at least this is fun!

I played with my tablet. Last night I am in love! Can't wait to get it installed. It has to wait until The Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. Only 2 more quilts and one quilt show to go. DH was teasing me last night. Windows surface, iPad and Laptop all in my lap so I could look things up, download patterns and move them to the tablet. Oh and send email to my longarm BFF about what I was doing. All at the same time. :)

Greeting from Central Oregon,  I received my Quilt Path and have it up and running.  What fun.  I have printed out the help manual and it is helpful.  I still have questions.  Does anyone know if there is a Quilt Path teacher in this area.  I find if I can see things done rather than fumbling through it myself I learn much better and quicker.  I would love to do a quilt path day of learning.  Also anyone in the Sisters-Bend-Redmond Oregon area that has Quilt Path I would love to meet and brainstorm with.   B) I am also looking for new friends with my same passion for quilting, recent widow and feeling a bit lonely. :wacko:

Thanks, 

Kat

Hi Kat, 

I am friendly and in the SF Bay area.  I have Quilt Path and have used it to feel fairly comfortable with the program now.  What questions do you have, and have you watched the videos that Angela made for APQS on using it?  I have and it helped a lot.  If you want to talk, just call and I will enjoy speaking with you.  I don't have anyone locally who has Quilt Path, so I have been learning it as I go along.  I  am getting pretty good at importing patterns and like the QLI format of patterns to import into Quilt Path.  Today, I went to Fry's to get a magnetic keyboard so I can travel with it and use it as my computer.  Since it is a Surface tablet, they have carrying cases for them and it has a headphone jack for listening to music if you plan to load some into it.  I think since it is Windows 8 that it can have the same programs I have on my desktop machine, so it will be helpful when travelling to show someone the software or use as my light weight laptop too.  

I wish I could do all those things at once like Angela, but I am glued to watching my Millie stitch out.  I find as soon as I go try to do something else the bobbin runs out or I break a thread :angry: .  Will there be a day when Quilt Path has an update which will stop the machine when your bobbin runs out or you break a thread???  That would be wonderful.   :wub: Just saying...

Hi Kat,

Guess, they will find a way to do that, as there are electronic signals that must tell the APQS machine to beep and those could be passed to Quilt Path, I think somehow, and it could stop the stitching.  If not, we will need to monitor it while it stitches and keep our eyes and ears open.  Are you using pre-wounds such as SuperBobs from Superior Threads, as they have Bottom Line on them and are very long running (especially the M size).  If you think about it, we are on the cutting edge of this with a wild ride ahead, and lots of fun.  Think of it as a fun ride with a the top down in a convertible sports car, and there will be a few bugs or bumps.  Hang on and enjoy the ride!   

I posted a few videos on YouTube about my first quilt done on the new Millie with Quilt Path (placing a block).

Introduction Quilt Path APQS Millennium 2013    

Quilt Path using a Digi-Tech pattern (imported) for feathered heart

Enjoy!  Karen

• 2 weeks later...

Karen, Thank you so much for posting these videos! I'm glad to see you work with blocks and those beautiful feather designs. So far, I've only done edge-to-edge quilting with mine. Individual blocks will be next.

I'm in the LA area and also wondering if anyone else down here has QP and would like to share experiences.

• 1 month later...

I'm finished with 6 quilts all using Quilt Path. I started taking in client's quilts with pantographs even though I never manually did them! I love Quilt Path and it's easy to play with. The results are so impressive that I am amazed. That is hard for me to say since I thought I had seen everything.

Archived