George bobbin

I have an "M" size bobbin on my Ult2 and love it.  It holds twice the thread as the "L" smart bobbin.  As a friend once said "what's smart about changing your bobbin twice as often"?  I share that view.  When I changed mine from the L bobbin to the M, I could tell NO difference in stitch quality.  I recommend you go with the M size bobbin.  Jim

Maybe Jim is right.  I have no personal experience with the M bobbin...I have heard others comment that the stitch quality is not quite as good with the larger bobbin.  I run the L size aluminum bobbins on my George.  I wind them on my Brother machine.  How would you wind the M bobbins?  Do they make a sidewinder for that?  And hey, CONGRATULATIONS ON ORDERING YOUR GEORGE.  You're gonna love him no matter which bobbin size you choose.   Nancy in Tucson

Congratulations on ordering George.  So far I just love mine.  I have been using the aluminum L bobbin.  I didn't know they had a smart bobbin.  I guess I will have to look that up.  I've been using my Sidewinder and it's been working well

Archived