Quilt Path Newbie

Greeting from Central Oregon.  I just received my Quilt Path last week and have it up and running.  I am looking for someone that gives lessons on the Quilt Path.  I have printed out the Help manual and it is helpful, but I still have questions.  I find I learn faster and retain better with hands on instruction.  I would love to take a Quilt Path Retreat Training Session.  It would be nice to have someone in the Sisters-Bend-Redmond, Oregon area, but I am willing to travel as well.  I am always looking for new friends who share my same passion for quilting. :P

Thanks for reading, hope to hear from you soon,

Kat

Thank you for your replies, someone is out there listening... ;)  My quilt path arrived last Thursday while I was at Market in Portland, so I had a great surprise when I got home.  I installed it on Monday after I got home and have it up and running.  Have had some bugs to work out, but the Grace Company has been wonderful to work with on those problems.  I am now practicing and getting familiar with how Quilt Path runs.  It is actually quite easy for the most part, however there is always some question along the way that is not covered in the manual.  I think it is a must that you download the help manual and keep it in front of you at all times... :wub: I had some problems importing designs today but called the Grace Co. and they were able to help me with the problem.  I feel like a first grader, I guess it is the same feeling I had when I first got Millie.

I too would go to classes as I learn much better and faster with the hands on approach and the input of others is always helpful.  Thanks again for the replies, I am sure I will have more questions as time goes on.  

Kat 

Sisters, OR

I have checked out the Angela Huffman videos.  I have added to the number of views quite a bit because of the many times I have watched all of them.  They are very good, but I want MORE... :)

Jeannine B.  don't let your Quilt Path sit in the box, it is actually not to bad to install, but doing it in 30 minutes as one video said, I don't think so.  I did need help with getting the belt tight, that takes more than two hands.  Sometimes being alone is not easy!!!

Back to practice.

Kat

I'm getting hands on experience and practicing on it on my desktop pc too. I like setting up a quilt on the desktop and moving that file to my Surface tablet to see it stitch. I just set up one quilt manually and added each block individually. That took a long time but it was my first quilt on a new Millie and with QP. My second one was a fish quilt. I placed bubble strings on it and varied the size and angles of the bubbles. Then I needed to fill in the gaps so I digitized a fish off the quilt and had QP stitch it in various sizes. There were echoes around the fish and free motion quilting between the bubbles and fish. I added seaweed growing from the floor as a flourish. Since QP is a tool, I am going to use it where appropriate. And that may be for quilts that need a little or a lot of quilting. I have been practicing adding free motion digitizing to my patterns and think I need to really practice it. Ha!

Hi Everyone,

We're glad you like the new Quilt Path! Angela still has several more videos "in the works" and I'm actually working on a self-paced tutorial book/manual that will help you learn more about your system. But Kat is right in that one of the best ways to learn ANY new software is to simply play around and discover what it can do. There is more than one way to tackle a particular task, and by exploring you'll find that more than one approach can yield the same result. It isn't necessarily that any one method is the "right" way.

In fact, I'm in the office this evening quilting a friend's double wedding ring quilt using Quilt Path, and have learned how to skew and manipulate a square design so that it will curve around the rings in the center spaces. What fun!

Eventually we also hope to offer some webinars or other tutorial methods to help. But another important note that Kat brought up needs reiterating. For you to really LEARN Quilt Path, you need to just DO it....over and over and over. (That's why she's watching those videos over and over. A class can give you insight into different methodologies for tackling a task, but you'll never remember it unless you put it into action.)

So play, play, play. You'll be amazed at what you discover!

Also, we now have a link to the Quilt Path Demo Software that you can download to your Windows computer. While you can't save designs with the demo version, you can explore to your heart's content and even learn "in advance" of the real thing arriving at your door.

Here's the link:

http://www.cabinlogic.com/site/apqs-demo

Happy Quilt Path Quilting!

Well, I have three quilts under my belt using Quilt Path.  For the most part I am happy with the results.  I am glad they are my own quilts though, because I have learned from my "mistakes".  They were also quite time consuming to do as I was running to my computer to watch Angela's videos again and again when a problem occurred or I just could not remember how to do something.  My senior brain is enjoying learning something new and exciting.  I have heard keeping the brain active keeps us young.  I should be about 30 years old again!!! :P I love the feature where you can make the last row on a panto fit perfectly by ????? now I can't remember the buttons to name them, but it works.  Must watch that video again tomorrow.  Tomorrow I am going to quilt a wall hanging with totem killer whales on it.  I think waves will be in order.  My dog Porter is telling me it is time for bed :wub: he keeps me on the straight and narrow.  

Kat

I am the happiest quilter girl in Sisters, OR.  Today I am having a love affair with my new Quilt Path.  Just finished my killer whale quilt with waves as the quilting and I love it.  Wow, didn't even have to run to the computer to re-watch any of Angela's videos.   :wub:

Archived