Storage under machine

I have fabric in clear plastic bins stored under one side of the machine.  Also, 2 rolls of batting hanging under the other side of the machine.  And my Circle Lord giant templates.  I keep everything covered up with painter's cloth that I bought at Lowe's to keep light away from the fabric & to keep dust down. 

Lots of space underneath for storage. The only thing to watch for is I have a tendency to put stuff underneath on the back side and sometimes the machine cord will drag against whatever I've placed there. Make sure everything clears if you store under there.

I purchased Ikea cabinets for under my machines, they hold threads; pantos; etc. all the items we find necessary.  They are on wheels and do not hinder the

hydraulic movement as mine are at the front of my table.  I also put my Circle Lord boards on top of them.   Right now I have 4 under my 12 foot table and 6 under the 14 foot table.  They are clean; neat and keep me organized.  We've put labels on each drawer to keep track of pantographs in themes.

Great to gather the batting bunnies under them with a swifter or vac.

Hi Claire:  I have both Bliss and lift.  I always check to see that the cabinets will not  mess up my lift system before I engage it. Sometimes the cabinets get pushed back.

Took me a while to find them:  http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/categories/departments/workspaces/10711/

I use the 6 drawer "Alex" unit under my tables and the tall Alex for bobbins and notions with the turbo winder on top.  Just love the convenience

of these units.  If you check out my blog you can see them peeking out behind some of the quilt pictures.  One cabinet is full of SoFine; another

with cotton threads; one with Glide; templates; tools.  Pantographs are in 4 units.  They are so easy to assemble and use.  With two machines, we use a lot of thread and I

love the convenience having the bobbins in the taller units with the winders on top.

Thanks for sharing your Ikea organizers.. I am just getting my sewing room going and will need to get these... love that they are on rollers... Loved your blog... would also love to blog... can you tell me how to get started with a blog and does it cost like a web site?

Thanks

Archived