Setting up my Mille YES YES YES w/pictures!

ALRIGHT!!! It is finished. Took 2 men 4.5 hours, not counting the time my husband spent before Todd got there. Todd did spend at least 30 minutes trying to figure out why my Millie was moving like an old truck and why my leveler bar was anything but level.

My leveler bar came quite bowed when I got my 14' table. I called APQS immediately and told them about it. The tech. told me it was no big deal and to just push on it or hang on it and it would straighten out. Well we did all that, but the bar was as bowed as ever. So much so, we had to raise it up in order to keep it from hitting the Millennium.

I pointed it out to Todd and he agreed that it was very bowed. He thought he could fix it. He pushed on it HARD over and over and over. No difference. He finally figured out that it was off at the end the bolt went into as though the hole in the leveler bar was off-center. I think APQS agreed to send me a new one, but I sure wish they would have done that when I first called them many months ago.

The other problem appears to be the front wheels. I am going to get new wheels and see if that doesn't solve the problem.

But, other than that, my hydraulic lift is on!!! It works very well. I thought it would go up and down by a foot control maybe like the quilt advance. I will have to walk to the back of the machine to push the buttons, and then run around to the front to see if it is at the right height. I may have to get a helper when I need to lower or raise the table. Todd asked me if I wanted the buttons on the front or back and explained that his wife did not like them on the front because you had to reach under the quilt to get to them. Either way wasn't too handy. I think a foot control would be a great invention. Hint, hint.

I can't even try Millie out for another week because we are leaving town. Todd was sweet, helpful and knowledgeable. He and Jerry (my dh) worked very well together. We have nothing but praise for Todd. Oh, it wasn't bolts missing -- it was lock nuts. They found them at the hardware store and all was well.

Hugs, Joy

Pat, I will look back on this topic when my hydraulics arrive. APQS apparently is doing a bit of reworking on the bracket system so my lifts are on backorder. I think it will be a week or so before they are delivered.

You did an awesome job of taking pictures! Thanks for doing that! I may do the same thing just to document the experience! :-)

I am in Vallejo.......just a bit north of SF.

Have fun on your machine!!!!!

what are they re-working? Is it the leg brackets or the mounting plates that the pump and etc are attached to?

Maybe someone from the head APQS Engineer department could respond.:):):)

I FINALLY got "the wing" up on the frame, handles attached, rollers bolted to frame, got her wired to go, plugged her in.....

and she flies!!!! I am so happy!

I could only work on it in little time chunks. I'm glad I took the time though because it was interesting to see how it works mechanically.

After reading some of the other posts on the forum I guess there is an older APQS manual that was recently revised. I must have the new one because it was pretty descriptive with lots of pictures and pointing arrows. As manuals go I thought it was pretty good and easily followed. The Hydraulic lift assembly instructions were another story. The word in engineer-ese is Stink. as- in "The instructions really stink" :P:)

Let us know how it goes

PKk and the Wing

I will. I don't know what the deal is exactly with the delay...only that it will be 2 weeks! I wish it could assemble it all at once........

It arrived yesterday late afternoon so I will be putting it together today. I hope I can do it myself with the help of a few saw horses. Don't think my labs will be much assistance (except with the kisses in the face!)

Wish me luck! I'll be on here if I encounter any troubles.......

Hi Pat,

Thank you ever so much for posting these pictures. I purchased a Liberty in December, installed it myself (with an extra pair of hands from my husband)in January and had problems figuring out what I did wrong with the hydraulic lift. Those pictures are great. I will have to take some of the machine apart to fix my error. But I and others will appreciate the visual aid. Once I get the lift working I can really start quilting.In the past two months I have only quilted two quilts because the machine was too low. Thank a mil'- a much happier quilter

Archived