Setting up my Mille YES YES YES w/pictures!

YaHooo

I received my Millie yesterday, well actually 5 out of 7 boxes. The other two boxes (14' rails)were located on the shippers dock ( I don't know how they could have missed them!!)later in the day and promptly brought first thing this morning. So I have assembled the table frame and legs. Tomorrow will be the hydraulic lift assembly. I found the directions very clear, the assembly photos wonderful and was able to do most of it by myself!:D I am really enjoying putting it together. Can't wait till I run it for the first time. I have christened her " Little Wing" cuz she and my imagination want to fly!

Thanks for letting me share my excitement!!!

Pat (with stars in her eyes and wrenches in both hands)

in So. CA

I'm glad to hear you say that the directions are clear on the Hydraulic Lift. My rep. told me it was really hard to install and the directions were terrible. Hence, her husband is coming to install mine. Perhaps APQS has improved the directions since Connie got hers.

Have fun! I sure love mine.

Hugs, Joy

Well here goes friends...

heading out to the garage/studio with wrenches in hand, directions in back pocket and determination in my heart. I agree that the directions are a little dicey...but none the less I will succeed (hows that for positive reinforcement!) I'll let you know how it goes;)

pat

Well I survived the installation of the hydraulic lift and you all were right! The directions caused me to go off into the 4th dimension as I was trying to decipher what the #$#@*^ they were trying to tell me to do.

Just in case the APQS designers or persons of influence may read this I would suggest the following changes to their manual and directions:

1. A note in step 1 or 2 of the main manual indicating that if you are installing a hyraulic lift, this would be a good time to install the hydraulic pump mounts and hangers (before you install the black counter trusses).

2. Show a diagram of the cross braces pump mounting holes of both brackets aligned correctly

3. Include a photo or diagram showing a better view of the completed installation of the hydraulic pump, including the mounted switch bracket.

Needles to say Grammie, the experience was less than orgasmic! :P:D

But inspite of all the constructing and deconstructing and choice words that helped relieve the tension (yeah Linda S. DID i roar)...I got the darn thing on there, the tubes and legs attached and.......

it actually goes up and down when i press the button. HOOrah!

So today....it's getting big girl out of the box and getting her on the rails...yessssss!!

Undaunted and heading back out to the garage...

Pat

PS Catsigler if you need some pictures for your set up day ;)I'll send them

And now your off and running................lol.

Good for you and all your determination in setting up your new "little wing" machine............

It took me a few days to actually run mine after the set up, but now there's no stopping me. It sounds like you'll be that way too!

Next is to post pictures! so for some quick help you can go to either

www.photobucket.com or to www.webshots.com

you'll need a url for posting.

Good JOB!!

Pat -

I will be getting my Millie with hydraulic lift around the 20th so your post was very timely. If you can post some photos regarding the notes you made, that would be great!

Also, which "%^&%$$*#" words were the most effective? LOL! I'm sure I know all of them! And, I'm sure to be using a few of them myself when I start my assembly process........

Ok Laurie and Joy,

Here are some pictures I think will clarify the installation process. Just make sure you sort out the nuts and bolts and read the directions through a couple times for each step. Also when you get to the point where you are running the tubing to each leg, carefully turn the lift leg to uncurl it (like unkinking a water hose). Use the black plastic ties to secure to the frame out of the way. Be careful not to kink the tubes or it will not operate :o Have fun!....Laurie where are you in CA?

post--13461897884595_thumb.jpg

Pat,

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I would like to send you something for your wonderful generosity in helping me this way. PLEASE email me your address so I can send you a little "thank you". (joymb@sbcglobal.net) I truly appreciate it, and I hope APQS does too. They really need to work on instruction manuals there. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Hugs, Joy

Hi, Pat.

Wow, great photos with your details, descriptive text and arrows, etc.

I just have to ask: Are you an engineer? You have to be. I work with a whole bunch of engineers so I get to see their "level of detail" all the time, and your photos, arrows and descriptions reminded me of them. Many of them work in remote areas where they have to communicate mechanical problems through email (photos, etc.) and it's almost like being there so we can see what they are seeing and understand the problems they are dealing with. This is a compliment to you. I love my engineers and they are just terrific! :)

Thanks for sharing not only your extremely fun sense of humor, but your excellent detail. Have fun with your new longarm and hydraulic legs! You did it and now you can play.

Enjoy a great day.

OHHH so you picked up on the "Engineer-ez" eh? Well you guessed correctly. Actually I worked for Ca Dept Transportation in the Engineering Department as a Landscape Construction Resident Engineer. I was responsible for administering highway landscape contracts ($1M.+) and field inspection. I loved the job and being outside and the freedom to travel to many job sites. I retired about 5 years ago after 24 years service.

During my time there, I had my share of stinkin' plans and specs believe me! It's like you have to go into the 4th dimension to decipher what the designer had in mind.:P

I'm glad that the pictures were helpful and descriptive and hope that they will help others with this journey;)

PKk and "the Wing"

Great photos Pat!

Welcome to the forum and the enjoyment of your APQS machine! I can't

wait to see photos of your quilting..... at the rate you seem to be running -

shouldn't be to far off now!! :D

Sounds like your set-up is in your garage - are you still in CA? Hope you

have either heat and or A/C out there..... at least some fans.... by your

mood definition - sounds like you are in a warm place. Its very cold in our

garage, warmed up to 20 degrees today.....:mad:

Well, we are 2 1/2 hours into this lift installation. My husband started 45 minutes ahead of the tech. They just got to the part where you put the leg lifter thingies on (can you tell I'm NOT an engineer, lol) and we are missing SIX bolts. Both guys have left to go to the hardware store to try to find bolts. Unbelievable. How could APQS leave out SIX bolts??? Yes we searched through the box. The plastic bags were totally sealed, so they could not have fallen out.

This is really a huge undertaking and I am disappointed that I cannot use my wheels any longer so the table can't be moved. We had to take the longarm off, all the rollers off and the big black side brace off. I am praying the guys come back with bolts.

Hugs, Joy

Archived