Replacing mother and daughter board

Do you mean you have no power to the unit, or do you mean that installing the circuit board did not fix the original problem you had?

If you mean you don't have power, double check that any outlet the machine is plugged into still has power (e.g. power strip works, etc.) Next, check the fuse on the motor (this applies to Canadian machines only) as well as where your power cord plugs into the machine. I've attached a document to help with that.

Fuse Repl - CSA_0001.pdf

If you mean that the functions that the circuit board replacement was supposed to address aren't working properly, then let us know. Give us a call on Monday and we'll figure out what other diagnostic steps are needed to determine the fix. 

Thanks!

I am having the same issues, did you make sure that all the wires going into the circuit board are in tight. Have you tried tracing your wiring to see where there is no power? Amy has been great trying to figure this out, I am at 4 months without a machine. Check your relay and see if you power coming in and going out. I have replaced mother board, motor, optical sensor(twice), speed switch dial and relay(twice) and still no power. I have traced wiring and have power from motor to fuses( and they have been replaced just because, they were fine) to the all switches  in the cover, power to post #2 on the relay and than it stops. No power from the motor to #1 on the relay and dead after that. So check  on the fuses, trace wiring and than give Amy a call in the morning. Just so happy with all the help that Amy has given me. Good luck

Four months.??? that is   uhh bad.    I'd be so out of sorts..

I think I'd have not eaten something and sent her back to Iowa

Eaten well, just not a lot of pricy stuff, as if we have any pricy stuff !  LOL

Rita

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issues, did you make sure that all the wires going into the circuit board are in tight. Have you tried tracing your wiring to see where there is no power? Amy has been great trying to figure this out, I am at 4 months without a machine. Check your relay and see if you power coming in and going out. I have replaced mother board, motor, optical sensor(twice), speed switch dial and relay(twice) and still no power. I have traced wiring and have power from motor to fuses( and they have been replaced just because, they were fine) to the all switches in the cover, power to post #2 on the relay and than it stops. No power from the motor to #1 on the relay and dead after that. So check on the fuses, trace wiring and than give Amy a call in the morning. Just so happy with all the help that Amy has given me. Good luck

I have been lucky, my customers are still waiting for me :wub:  love all of them. I now have Mike helping as well. I have 2 techs in the area say I have done everything they would have done. One offered to sell me a  Gamill at a great price thou :P

I am talking with Mike tomorrow and if he can't help, she is on the next truck to Iowa :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

Dawn 

If I remember correctly this was a 2004 Millie bought used from one of Carol's customers.

llquilts 

If this machine was built to Canadian specs Dawn is right there will be a second fuse for the motor.  On our machine it is right below the on/off switch insert a small screwdriver push in a little and turn about a quarter turn counter clockwise and it will pop out.  Make sure you replace with a slow blow fuse or it will pop as soon as you try to sew.

I am about halfway between Toronto and Barrie if I can be of any help.

Nigel

Archived