Summer has been a blurrrrrrrrr..............

Most of June, July and now going into August has been and will be a blur.   I haven't posted much, but do check in from time to time.    Our son and family finally got their house sold here in town and got moved.   We had them all here for a few days during transition.   Then a few days to regroup and then we were off to Michigan for a 50th wedding anniversary celebration for DH's sister and hubby.   Didn't really want to make that 10 hour trip (each way), but we did it for family......Took me 3 days to regroup from that long trip and not sleeping well up there and then I had our Quilt Show/county fair to get ready for.   Had to work twice as hard since I was gone for 5 days.    :( Then we had our quilt show during our county fair..........thankfully, our little show was a huge success and we made lots of money to keep us going through the year and then some.  Another week to regroup and next week we are off to Chicago/Ohio to go with our DD and DGDs to watch the oldest swim in a tri state meet!    We come back home on the 5th bringing the DGDs with us for a week or 10 day visit before school starts !   Whew !!!!!     I am REALLY looking forward to September.........I might know which end is up by then............ :blink:

Haven't done any quilting, but our group did make 236 pillowcases for Conker Cancer for Kids.   The DGDs and I will deliver them to Des Moines while they are here visiting.  We had 2 sewing machines set up  to use for those sitting a shift at the quilt show.   We had almost 100 cases made before the show and by the end, we had 236 !   It was a wonderful project.

Whew.  you have been a busy lady.  As for the Michigan trip.... LOL, if it's any consolation, my sister packed her 9 month old triplets (two girls and a boy, the cutest kids on the planet...but I digress....haha) and drove from Massachusetts to Michigan.  They all did pretty well stopping for one overnight in NY.  haha, what an adventure!

Archived