What about "Quilt Path"

Was on last night for the first time in quite awhile, was disappointed to NOT see any postings about how those of you that have quilt path are liking it, is it as user friendly as the utube vidoes show, was it easy to get it set-up?   I am in line and patiently? waiting to get the call from Heidi that mine is ready to ship,  and was really hoping for some good reading, or pics  or something??  OR  are the dealers and reps the only ones who have received them thus far?

Im extremely new (since may) to long-arming. I got QP when i got my millie. My husband and i set up QP and im having a blast! I havent had any problems with it. Im just taking it slow, reading the manual, watching the videos and and sitting back watching the millie quilt away!

Quilt path is $9500.00, mine is in a truck and on its way. The only downfall is there is a waiting list. However, I had looked into another system and they also had a waiting list. What I liked is even tho my machine is older it uses the function my machine had and not an aftermarket add on to do it. Can't wait. I will post my progress and what I find with mine probably starting next week.

Let me rephrase my previous answer. When I said aftermarket add on, I meant systems that were designed and made to work on a different brand then changes made to have it work on my machine. It is probably how installation was explained to me. I went with the quilt path system since it was designed to work with our machines and how the installation was explained to me. All the computer systems I looked at were great systems, just not maybe explained or I wasn't persistent enough to get the answers in verbiage that clicked. For me. Explain HQ has their designated system, etc and could not be put on my machine without extra things. I looked at several systems and I went with Quilt path as a personal preference. Everyone needs to do homework on what they personally want. Several systems recommended hAving someone else install it, and to me it meant it might not be easy to work on. The ease of repairing my machine myself was one of the reasons I went with APQS to begin with. Living in the sticks you get used to doing things yourself.

All the systems are great. They just all do things a little different.

Hopefully it clarifies my answer. I think my previous wording was confusing and not quite what I meant to say.

Shirley

I have Quilt Path and love it!  I bought a new Millie 2013 with Quilt Path and it was easy to set up and use.  I put one of my own quilts on it first and did a feathered wreath that was in each block, and put some videos up on YouTube (Karen Lynn Wheeler), of that process.  After that I did another quilt of mine with feathered hearts and swags from a purchased set, and again put videos up on my YouTube channel.  Those were done with the placing blocks individually, and that was slow to do, but put the block in the area I wanted, so gave a lot of control.  I then tried it on another quilt of mine, with a pantograph, and that went pretty good, except as it stitched off the quilt, I had to really stitch down the edges and the batting if it was close to the top.  I also had to watch the machine or stay nearby, because it did not stop if it broke a thread, or ran out of bobbin thread.  Now we have an update to Quilt Path that will stop when the top thread breaks, if the needle is down.  So, that is the best thing, I can say I used it on client's quilts as pantographs and it worked.  I also did free motion quilting on several quilts combined with Quilt Path, to give a more natural custom look.    Now I have converted thousands of patterns into the Quilt Path format, and hope to use them on whole cloth quilt compositions which I am doing in Quilt Path.  It is fun to use on the PC and transfer the designs on a USB to the Tablet and Quilt!  

Archived