Needle screw won't thread...

I can thread the screw until I place a needle in the bar then the screw can't seem to catch.  It's as if the screw is too short?  The needle bar is new, replaced when sent to have routine maintenance.  I am now frustrated and need a solution ASAP!  Losing too much time trying to tighten the needle.  The screw has not fit since I got the machine back.

Kim

First try the screw hole on the opposite side.

If that doesn't work, check the end of the screw and see if it has an inside curve where it secures the needle. If that's the case, it won't hold. Get a piece of sandpaper or a nail file and try to sand it flat.

Order a couple of extra needle bar screws from APQS. My emergency kit contains the needle bar screws, a couple of pigtail guides, motor brushes, a bobbin assembly, and a tensioner spring.

I haven't been able to tighten the screw well since I got her back.  I'll go to the hardware store first thing tomorrow and then order more screws.  Talk about a nightmare...an hour and a half and nothing has worked.  I can seat the screw without a needle, not with a needle inserted.  Can the screw still be stripped if I can do that?  Screw will not fit on either side.  Just tried to sand the bottom of the screw, no luck.

• 6 months later...

Archived