Studio Cutter is on sale again

Colette,  I recommend you buy the largest tray and plastic to cover all of your larger dies.  Then you can get several sizes of the plastic to put over the smaller dies and still use them in the large tray.  I seem to always put everything on my large tray then use whatever plastic is closest to the size of the die.  There are lots of little tips and tricks.  I'll include a YouTube of Ebony Love showing how she cuts some of her fabrics.  She has a bunch of videos out with lots of info.  In this video she is using an AccuQuilt die with her Sizzix machine.   The Sizzix works the same as the Studio Cutter, but takes up less space and is lighter.  This may be a solution to the people who have space problems.  She uses her Studio Cutter and GO most of the time.  If you get a chance watch a few of her videos.  She'll explain how and why she marks her dies.  Very informative. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA0URy76D0Y (part 1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jLfHZb895Q (part 2)

I have the Go and I love it. I got it on sale for $200. I just used it to cut out a quilt with circles, borders, and binding. I have a neck pain issue and pushing on the rotary cutter was painful. So now I just cut a few layers on the Go at a time. My husband will come in and crank it for me, too, if needed, and my little granddaughter loves to use it under supervision. I love how perfect every piece is and how quickly it goes. Right now I am happy with the Go and don't plan on getting a Studio but I am getting more serious about quilting, so you never know. Anyway, I love it, and have bought a die or two at a time when they were on sale. I now have a nice collection. I highly recommend it.

Also wanted to state that I saw a Youtube video where you can take a 6 inch die for the Accuquilt Go or GO Baby and shave off about 1/4 inch from one side. Then it will fit thru a Sizzix die machine. Since I had a Sizzix, I tried this. My son said it was very easy to shave off, and it worked just fine. Eventually I bought the GO so I could buy wider dies and I have never regretted it. But if you have a Sizzix, a papercrafting die cutter, you could try one GO die and see if you like it.

Also, if you are looking note that they sell studio units bundled with various dies. If one of their sets meets your needs it may save you some $$$ vs the individual items... I also second the IKEA cart idea. I bought one on Darlene's suggestion in a different thread and it works well.

I bought mine last January when they had a Valentine's Day sale on. The Studio Cutter was already on sale for $410 and I got a 14% discount off of that, bringing the price down to $352.60. That's what pushed me over the edge! I'm sure I've got at least $2000 invested in it so far. The Take 5 die has been used the most.

Archived