Millie with Intelliquilter--Height question

Had just gotten my Millie adjusted to a comfortable height for doing freehand and decided to add Intelliquilter.  Instructions say that Millie should be at lowest height to avoid sway when Intelliquilter running.  

My questions to those of you with Intelliquilter whether you are still doing freehand with the Intelliquilter and how do you manage the height problem.  Do you have the hydraulic lift?  I could see a real advantage to having a lift to change height from using the Intelliquilter to do freehand.

Donna

I have the IQ on an Ultimate 1 with a thread cutter and I/S.  The weight should be about the same as your Millie and there was nothing in my instructions about lowering the machine.  I'm 6'-3" and my machine was setup quite high originally,  since lowered so Brenda can also use it also.  I saw no difference in performance between the two height settings.  I don't think it is an issue.

Nigel

I have an iQ on my Millie and I did not adjust the height of the table nor do I notice any table movement when it's running. On the rare occasion I do have a wobble in the stitching it's usually because the machine is going too fast for the pattern or the motor strength is too high. The 12' table I have is very solid and I've been known to sit on the back of it to frog stitches. 

Archived