Computerized Quilting Comparison?

I don't think I personally have a strong interest in computerized quilting, but I am curious by nature.

Has anyone ever spelled out the differences between Quiltpath, Intilliquilter and Compuquilter? It would make a useful reference for future questions too...

Thanks for any input!

I have just ordered Quilt Path,

I read a lot on this forum and googled some other comments and in the end the decision was made to go with QP because

I have an APQS machine and QP is cheaper and supposedly easier than the others

good luck if you need to decide ... :)

Lisa

I did a lot of research too before purchasing QP. Compuquilter and Intelliquilter are definitely more established and have been around longer. However, QP is using an established software company as their backbone. I believe that QP will eventually offer all the same options as the other two programs. Since i am new and learning, i figured by the time i got ready for the more advanced features, QP would have them. The version of quiltpath that i have allows me to run virus protection software and windows updates on my tablet without issues and some of the other programs do not allow this option. It was also important to me to go to one place for support - rather then one place for machine support and one place for software support. I have not been disappointed with my purchase and am having a great time using QP! Ive only been longarmming since May. I have a 2013 Millie and did the QP install myself.

I have the smaller APQS Lenni, and am very happy with her, though if I had a Lottery win I would definately have a Millie .

I wanted to buy a computerized system and it took me over two years to make the decission as to which system to go with. When APQS brought out the Quilt Path I was ready to go with that, but with playing with the demo software decided it was not the right system for me. I stand to be corrected but I believe if you have a problem with the software you need to contact the Grace company. Living in the UK that was not really any good for me.

So I decided to go with the IQ, as it was already well established has fantastic options and I have a support team with the UK IQ reps. I have had the system since last June, and up to now I have not needed any help. The software is very user friendly, and Zoltan is always coming up with new updates to make the software even better.

If you ever decide to go computerized I highly recommend you try as many systems as you can before you part with your pennies. That option to try was not available to me living in the UK. Another reason for me go with an established system.

Please don't think I am knocking the Quilt Path system. The members who have purchased QP seem very happy.

You will find everyone loves theirs systems and thinks theirs is the best from Compuquilter Statler IQ Pro Stitcher QP and a few other who's names I cannot remember.

I'd already made the committment to the Side Saddle computer system when QP came out. 

I really don't have regrets as with the latest update, the SS has most of the option features

as QP, and is clear to understand with everyday language, not pixels, wixes etc.

So off to do another double fleece today.

Rita

IQ is here and I am so happy I went purhcased teh Classic.  I met Zoltan at the Houston Show in the Nolting Booth and he pointed out a few things I never thought about.  1 thing I liked is I can take it with me when I retire and get the BIG GIRL 14' table and the Millie.  I I choose to.  The operations is so easy to learn.  It is not tied to Microsoft and he is trading his his sons an other the programming etc. to ensure the IQ lives on for a long time. 

I cannot wait to finish practicing so I can throw a quilt on the frame this coming weekend and let her sing as my grandaughter said it was doing the when she walked into the room.  FunnyFace and IQ are best of friends, and I am a proud/boosting parent. 

Hope this helps!  Good luck in your search.

Congratulations Judith! ..........it also looks like there are some good things coming in the next update. You made the correct choice choosing the ClasiQ. When I purchased in June I bought the BasiQ+ , I realised quite quickly that I should have gone for the ClasiQ. Thankfully Zoltan has an upgrade program which allowed me to Purchase the ClasiQ for just the difference between the two systems. Yes I was out of pocket re....postage and custom duties, but it was well worth it.

You are going to have loads of fun. It still Amazes me watching it stitch out designs that I could never do Freehand.

Archived